Thursday, April 16, 2009

Pregnancy - Swim Aerobics


For the last two pregnancies I have gone to my pregnancy swim class. It is in the therapy pool at the hospital - and is wonderful! My body feels awesome in the water, and the exercise is both good for me and baby. My hips seem to enjoy the class most. I often feel very uncomfortable most of the time, but after that class - I feel great! There is something about the warm water, movement, and weight being lifted off my hips that is nothing short of amazing! If you haven't tried a pregnancy swim class - I highly recommend you do so! It's also a great way to meet other pregnant moms (though I am sad to report this time around there haven't been many women in my class this pregnancy - or else I would have included a picture). If you're pregnant and live in the Longmont area - come join me on Monday nights at 5:30 and Longmont United Hospital - you'll love it and I'll love having some company!!

This great picture came from http://doctoradhi.com/blog/2008/11/pregnant-moms-try-water-aerobic/ They also reference that one of the benefits of swim aerobics during pregnancy is less pain medication needed during labor - woo hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment