Monday, June 8, 2009

Pregnancy - Eat Your Placenta?

Posted by Carri:

Here is something the general public does not talk about! Yes, eating your placenta. There are many to consume a placenta from blending it in a smoothie right after the birth to consume it immediately, to consuming it dried capsule form. I did not know about this for my first two births, and wanted to plant the 3rd placenta under a new tree. However, this pregnancy has been much harder on my body and I know I am going to need all the help I can get postpartum with baby number 4. There are many many articles about why this is a good practice (and I'm certain just as many stating the opposite), but I know that wild carnivores instinctively eat their placentas after birth, and I truly believe that our bodies do need extra help in getting back to speed. Here are some of the benefits I found from the site Placenta Benefits. This site has TONS of information. If you live in the front range area of Colorado, please contact Abby Hock to have your placenta encapsulated at abby.hock@gmail.com

Your baby's placenta, contained in capsule form, is believed to:
  • contain your own natural hormones
  • be perfectly made for you
  • balance your system
  • replenish depleted iron
  • give you more energy
  • lessen bleeding postnatally
  • been shown to increase milk production
  • help you have a happier postpartum period
  • hasten return of uterus to pre-pregnancy state
  • be helpful during menopause

1 comment:

  1. i heart placenta benefits. I used it with both of my births and would never even dream about doing it again without my happy pills!!!!

    ReplyDelete