Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Pregnancy - Spotting during the 1st trimester of pregnancy

Posted by Carri:

One part of my pregnancies is spotting during the 1st trimester, and is easily one of the worst and most stressful parts. Starting with my 2nd pregnancy, I would start spotting during my 5th week and usually spot until 12 weeks. I found with this current pregnancy that it was often worsened by stress and doing too much. I always had ultrasounds early to check the viability of the pregnancy, and even though once they found the heartbeat my chances of having a miscarriage went down significantly, I never stopped worrying until I was out of the 1st trimester. I did suffer one miscarriage, but there was no spotting beforehand. I just woke up with a lot of bleeding, and it only increased from there. There seems to be no cure to spotting, it just seems to be what some women’s bodies do, and others do not. All I can say is that I learned from my miscarriage that I knew how short and precious life was and I vowed to love these tiny babies as much as I could, for as long as I could. I also found this was a great opportunity to challenge and rest in my faith. For those of you who are also experiencing spotting, I hope and pray that you are made stronger and that your pregnancies end with a healthy happy baby in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment