Monday, October 24, 2011

John Elliot’s Birth


Parents: Sara and Michael
Date of Birth: April 13, 2011
Baby Info: 9 lbs. 1 oz. | 20.8 inches
Birthplace: Home

Birth trauma. Just after the “emergency” cesarean with my first baby in 2008, if felt as though something had been stolen. I didn’t know what it was. I didn’t understand all of my feelings so I just pushed them aside. I had a new baby to take care of, after all. She and I struggled to breastfeed, and struggled to bond in general. We had just moved to the UK for the Air Force and with no support and a husband working 16 hour shifts, I was miserable and suffering from PPD. I just knew I didn’t want more children. I couldn’t guarantee the outcome and I didn’t want another cesarean.

To read the rest of this lovely birth story click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment