Thursday, September 8, 2011

Baby Ocho's Birth


We are so honored that Robin wore BINSI for her 8th baby's birth. She is incredible. Please read this wonderful birth story.

By Robin Elise Weiss, LCCE, About.com Guide

In the weeks leading up to Ocho’s birth, my hips had really been aching. I had a lot of trouble finding a comfortable position, sleeping, walking, siting – nothing was good. My bath tub was the closest I came. (I’m afraid of my water bills!)

So on Thursday night, I had a board meeting. It was an insanely long one – 4 and a half hours. I finally got up out of my chair and sat on the floor. Then I just kept wiggling around trying different positions. Plenty of people were afraid I’d have the baby right then, but I knew it wasn’t labor, just hip issues! During the meeting I sent my husband a text message asking him to set me up for a massage appointment on Friday. I needed a prenatal massage, even at 41+ weeks of gestation.

So on Friday I had a busy day – take the kids to school and get a massage. The therapist was new and newly pregnant. We had a very nice time chatting about pregnancy. Despite being over due, I was very calm and not anxious to rush the end of the pregnancy. I asked her not to hit any of the labor triggering points and she did not.

Afterwards I felt pretty good. I decided that I deserved a pedicure too. So I went to the nail salon and decided to be wild and signed up for a pedicure and manicure. As I sat there reading the newest science magazine I started to notice I was having some contractions. Since my last baby was born in about three hours, I was paying attention. I knew that my husband would be totally upset if he missed the birth.

First one contraction. 10 minutes later another… I was beginning to wonder. I left the salon and headed to pick up the older two kids. They wanted to get slushies and it was as good of an excuse as any for me to get my ice chips. While I was in the drive through I decided this was probably early labor, so I bought a whole bag of the ice. I also called my husband and talked to him. I said something like, “I’m not sure it’s early labor and I don’t need you to come home right now, but be ready to drop everything and come home…” He was excited! He also tortured his co-workers by saying loudly, “What? You’re having the baby RIGHT NOW???”

To read the rest of this beautiful birth story click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment