Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Pre-Pregnancy - No Pressure

Written by Tink, friend of BINSI

It's been 3 full cycles since going off the pill. And, well....it is starting to wear off; the pressure. Finally. Good. Yes. They say that the less pressure you put on yourself, the more likely you'll get pregnant. It is bittersweet because I was enjoying the novelty of waiting a couple days before my cycle was supposed to start and taking the early detection tests yet the repeated NOT PREGNANT was disheartening. Looking back on the lighter side, I know to take it in stride and hold close that once I do start stressing over these negative results it will produce a negative effect in my life. I continue to look forward. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. I can take the blows of NOT PREGNANT because I know that sooner or later, it'll say PREGNANT. It's all about attitude, right?

Like getting your driver's license when you're 16, or going to college, or when your parents get divorced, or when you get married....these big events aren't "real" until they happen. When you've never experienced pregnancy and you want to, your senses are heightened to it. Then when these big events do happen, it's almost surreal. It is difficult to imagine my life, pregnant. Maybe that's my problem. I want it but it is just odd to envision. Such a bizarre phenomena...yet millions of women all over the world have babies. Am I talking out my butt now? I know I must sound crazy. Getting pregnant, or trying to, makes you feel special...like you're the only one who will ever do it. Now THAT'S crazy. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment